About the ECE Undergraduate Office
Advising Hours & Contact Information
- Monday - Friday (when the University is in session)
- Hours: 9am-12pm and 1pm-4:30pm
- Location: 2426 A.V. Williams Building
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 301-405-3685
Undergraduate Office Staff
Neruh Ramirez, Director
Mr. Ramirez oversees the Undergraduate Office and advises about 10 percent of of the ECE students. He also is also responsible for undergraduate student recruitment, the Undergraduate Research Fellowship (URF) program, the ECE Honors Program, and the department's summer research programs.
Kathryn Weiland, Assistant Director
Ms. Weiland provides oversight over undergraduate advising in ECE and has a small advising caseload as well. She is also responsible for course prerequisite checks, freshman/transfer orientation, and supervises the advising staff.
Mary Walters, Academic Advisor
Ms. Walters advises a caseload of over 350 ECE undergraduate students.
Jennifer Wivell, Academic Advisor
Ms. Wivell advises a caseload of over 350 ECE undergraduate students.
Pamela Talbott, Program Administrative Specialist
Ms. Talbott staffs the Undergraduate Office's front desk and serves as the initial point of contact to students and faculty. She is responsible for scheduling advising appointments, and coordinates our department's summer research program.
The ECE Undergraduate Office is a University of Maryland Green Office Program participant. The Green Office Program promotes best environmental practices at the University of Maryland by supporting offices that are taking steps to reduce their environmental footprint. It seeks to motivate environmentally friendly behaviors by providing definitive guidelines and reducing confusion about best practices.
The goals of the Green Office Program are to:
- Engage the campus community in activities that will strengthen the University of Maryland’s position as a national leader in sustainability
- Recognize and reward leadership in sustainability
- Educate participants about how and why to take action
- Support the University’s Climate Action Plan and Strategic Plan
- Further integrate sustainability into campus culture
- Conserve water, save energy, minimize waste and save money
- Promote campus policies that support sustainability
The ECE Undergraduate Office is currently working towards Bronze Level Green Office certification. This level focuses on developing sustainably habits that will reduce the consumption of energy and resources in our office.
ECE Undergraduate Office Green Initiatives:
- Striving to be a paperless office through the use of an electronic file management system and electronic files and forms whenever possible
- Utilizing centralized, shared appliances and equipment like printers, scanners, and copy machines
- Using energy efficient settings on our computers, monitors, and printers
- Unplugging power vampires when not in use and completing an office “power down” before holidays and breaks