Women in ECE presents Duy-Loan Le, Senior Fellow at Texas Instruments on "Leadership"
Women in ECE presents:
Duy-Loan Le, Senior Fellow at Texas Instruments
Title: "Leadership: Duy-Loan Le's Perspective"
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
5:00 - 6:00 p.m.
A.V. Williams Building, Rm. 2460
Please RSVP to Dr. Judith Bell at email@example.com.
In 1982, Duy-Loan started as a memory design engineer at the age of 19 with Texas Instruments (TI), a world wide company on the list of Fortune 500 and a leader in Digital Signal Processor and Analog. Duy-Loan managed world wide project teams and was responsible for bringing up TI memory devices, a multi-billion-product line, with joint venture partners on 3 continents for the first time in TIs history. She is currently the Digital Signal Processor (DSP) Advanced Technology Ramp Manager, managing development projects using cutting edge technology at Texas Instruments.
In 2002, Duy-Loan became the first Asian and the first woman to get elected TI Senior Fellow in Texas Instruments. 75 years of history, joining 4 other men who hold this prestigious title TI world wide, and today she remains the only woman to hold this title. Duy-Loan holds 22 patents with 8 pending applications. She has been featured in IEEE (the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) SPECTRUM, Asian Enterprise trade journals, a book titled "The Pride of Vietnamese", and numerous local and international newspapers. Duy-Loan serves on the Board of National Instruments, a NASDAQ company headquartered in Austin since 2002 and she remains the only woman on this Board. Duy-Loan is a registered Professional Engineer (PE).
Duy-Loan has received many awards over the years. Some of her favorites include:
* Women In Technology International (WITI) Hall of Fame
* Women on the Move with Congressional recognition for civic leadership from Texas Executive Women & Houston Chronicle
* Texas Salutes Duy-Loan for Making History Today from TV-Channel 11 as part of Asian-Pacific Heritage month
* Houstons Leader from Center of Future for Houston & JPMorgan Chase
* National Technologist Of The Year from Women of Color TimesPeople by EETimes
* Outstanding Young Engineering Graduate Award from University of Texas-College of Engineering
* Outstanding Young Texas Executive Award from The University of Texas-Texas Executives
* Asian American Engineer of The Year Whos Who In The World
* Golden Torch Award from Vietnamese American National Gala
* Science Spectrum Trail Blazer
* United States Congressional Recognition for Outstanding Civic Leadership
* California Senate Recognition for Outstanding Civic Leadership