- Monday - Friday (when the University is in session)
- Hours: 9am-12pm and 1pm-4pm
- Location: Advising services will be offered remotely for the Spring semester.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please allow for a 48 business hour response window)
- Phone: 301-405-3685
Fall 2021 Note: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the ECE Undergraduate Office will be offering all of its services online. Please contact us at email@example.com for details.
The mission of the ECE Undergraduate Studies Office is to provide support and guidance to our students. Through our understanding of the college experience, we provide excellent student services while fostering an inclusive academic community.
The ECE Undergraduate Studies Office strives to be a model of advising excellence at the University of Maryland. We aim to enhance student development and promote timely degree completion while emphasizing the value of higher education.
Expectations of ECE Students:
- Take responsibility for your academic career
- Come to advising with an open mind, understanding that your advisor has your best interest at heart
- Be honest and respectful when working with your advisor
- Be on time and come prepared to your advising meeting
- Read all emails from ECE advising and be professional in all communication with the ECE office
Expectations of ECE Advisors:
- Guide students to timely degree completion, including helping to develop their course schedule and academic plan
- Provide accurate, up-to-date information and help students navigate university, college, and departmental policies and procedures
- Promote involvement in research, internship, study abroad, and other professional opportunities
- Develop a professional relationship with students and listen to their concerns
- Empower students to make informed decisions
The ECE Undergraduate Office is a University of Maryland Green Office Program participant. The Green Office Program promotes best environmental practices at the University of Maryland by supporting offices that are taking steps to reduce their environmental footprint. It seeks to motivate environmentally friendly behaviors by providing definitive guidelines and reducing confusion about best practices.
The goals of the Green Office Program are to:
- Engage the campus community in activities that will strengthen the University of Maryland’s position as a national leader in sustainability
- Recognize and reward leadership in sustainability
- Educate participants about how and why to take action
- Support the University’s Climate Action Plan and Strategic Plan
- Further integrate sustainability into campus culture
- Conserve water, save energy, minimize waste and save money
- Promote campus policies that support sustainability
- The ECE Undergraduate Office is currently working towards Bronze Level Green Office certification. This level focuses on developing sustainably habits that will reduce the consumption of energy and resources in our office.
ECE Undergraduate Office Green Initiatives:
- Striving to be a paperless office through the use of an electronic file management system and electronic files and forms whenever possible
- Utilizing centralized, shared appliances and equipment like printers, scanners, and copy machines
- Using energy efficient settings on our computers, monitors, and printers
- Unplugging power vampires when not in use and completing an office “power down” before holidays and breaks
For more information about the Green Office Program, please visit their website. For more information about campus sustainability, please visit www.sustainability.umd.edu