If you seek excellence in the academic and professional arenas of electrical and computer engineering, the Electrical and Computer Engineering Honors Program will provide you with the challenges and training to attain your goals. ECE Honors participants are among the most gifted and motivated undergraduate students at the University. Students completing the program courses and research requirements will receive an honors citation on their transcript.
To be considered for the ECE Honors, students must meet the following requirements:
- A cumulative UMD GPA of a 3.5.
- Completed a majority of all 200-level ENEE courses.
ECE Honors students must successfully complete:
- At least four (4) honor-versions of the junior-level ENEE courses. Students may substitute up to three (3) H-level courses with graduate-level ENEE courses.
- Senior Honors Project (ENEE499).
- GPA/Grade Requirements:
- Students must complete all required Honors program courses listed above with a minimum grade of a "B" (please note that earning a "B-" will not qualify the course for ECE Honors).
- Students must maintain a UMD cumulative grade point average of a 3.0
NOTE: ECE Honors students may substitute some of the H-level courses by taking graduate-level ENEE courses (ENEE6xx or ENEE7xx).
Senior Honors Project (ENEE499)
All ECE honors students must complete a Senior Honors Project under the supervision of a faculty member. This is typically satisfied through successful completion of ENEE 499: "Projects in Electrical Engineering." ENEE 499 can also be used to satisfy an upper-level elective requirement. More information regarding the ENEE 499 application process can be found on the ENEE 400 Level Courses page.