Electrical and Computer Engineering
Maryland Cybersecurity Center
- Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- M.S. in Computer Science and Engineering from University of South Carolina
- B.E. in Computer Science and Technology from Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur
Nirupam Roy is an assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science with a joint appointment in the University of Maryland Institute for Advanced Computer Studies. He is also a core faculty member in the Maryland Cybersecurity Center and director of the Networking, Mobile Computing, and Autonomous Sensing (iCoSMos) Lab.
Roy's research focuses on sensing, mobile computing, cyber-physical systems, and wireless networking with applications in localization, the Internet of Things (IoT), health care, security, and wearables.
Roy received his doctorate in electrical and computer engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) in 2018.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Best demo award MobiSys (2021)
- Best poster runner-up award SenSys (2020)
- CSL Ph.D. Thesis Award (2019)
- UIUC Dissertation Completion Fellowship (2018)
- Wireless Networking
- Mobile Computing