A. James Clark School of Engineering
Mamadou I. Wade received a Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering from Howard University, Washington, DC, U.S.A., a Master of Science (M.S.) degree in Electrical Engineering from Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, Alabama, U.S.A., a B.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering from Mercer University, Macon, Georgia, U.S.A., and a Graduate Certification in Cybersecurity from Howard University, Washington, DC, U.S.A.
Before joining the University of Maryland, he was an Instructor/Lecturer at Tuskegee University in the Department of Electrical Engineering. Then he was an Assistant professor/Lecturer at Howard University in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. Dr. Wade has taught 20 different courses in Electrical and Computer Engineering, including undergraduate and graduate levels, at Tuskegee University and Howard University.
Since the fall of 2022, he has been a Lecturer in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Maryland College Park.
His research interests and recent publications lie in Cybersecurity/Cryptography, and Telescope Coronagraph Systems used to detect faint extra-solar planets orbiting a nearby star at a distance of light years away from earth.
- Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, Howard University, Washington, DC, U.S.A.
- M.S. Electrical Engineering, Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, Alabama, U.S.A.
- B. S. Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Mercer University, Macon, Georgia, U.S.A.
- B.S. Computer Science, Fort Valley State University, Fort Valley, Georgia, U.S.A. (Need few classes)
- Graduate Certification in Cybersecurity, Howard University, Washington, DC, U.S.A.
Dissertation Title: "Distributed Image Encryption Based on a Homomorphic Cryptographic Approach."
Master's Thesis Title: "Radar Geolocation Using a Global Positioning System (G.P.S.) Based Hybrid Time Difference of Arrival (TDOA) and Frequency Difference of Arrival (FDOA) Methods."
Two areas of my Masters's Concentration: Communication Systems and Power Systems.
Dr. Wade's research interests and recent publications lie in Cybersecurity/Cryptography, and Telescope Coronagraph Systems used to detect faint extra-solar planets orbiting a nearby star at a distance of light years away from earth.
23 Different Courses
in Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Subjects Taught at the University of Maryland College Park in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (3 courses)
ENEE 150: Intermediate Programming Concepts for Engineers
ENEE 244: Digital Logic Design
ENEE 245: Digital Circuits and Systems Laboratory
Previous Teaching Experience
- Subjects Taught at Howard University in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (11 courses)
EECE 102: Introduction to Electrical & Computer Engineering
EECE 156: Math Laboratory I
CSCI 165: Scientific Computing For Engineers
EECE 305: Fundamentals of Electromagnetics
EECE 306: Fundamentals of Electromagnetics Laboratory
EECE 453: Communications Theory & Lab
EECE 454: Communication Electronics
EECE 460: Wireless Communication
EECE 487: Telecommunications
EECE 502: Engineering Analysis A (Applied Mathematics for masters and Ph.D. students)
EECE 503: Engineering Analysis B (Applied Mathematics for masters and Ph.D. students)
- Subjects Taught at Tuskegee University in the Department of Electrical Engineering (9 courses)
EENG 0221: Linear Networks & Circuits
EENG 0325: Microelectronics I
EENG 0360: Microprocessors
EENG 0460: Digital Systems Design (VHDL)
EENG 0461: Embedded Systems Design
EENG 0462: Windows Phone Applications Design (Course I developed)
The three courses below were part of a master's program in System Engineering.
EENG 0596: Software Systems Engineering Analysis and Design
EENG 0525: Computer Networks Analysis and Design
EENG 0527: Internet/Network Security, Cryptography
- Mamadou I. Wade, "The Iso-RSA Cryptographic Scheme," 2022 IEEE International IOT, Electronics and Mechatronics Conference (IEEE IEMTRONICS 2022), Toronto, ON, Canada, 1-4 June 2022, DOI: 10.1109/IEMTRONICS55184.2022.9795732 https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9795732
- Mamadou I. Wade, Tepper Gill, "The Iso-ElGamal Cryptographic Scheme" 2022 IEEE International IOT, Electronics and Mechatronics Conference (IEEE IEMTRONICS 2022), Toronto, ON, Canada, 1-4 June 2022, DOI: 10.1109/IEMTRONICS55184.2022.9795723 https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9795723
- Su Yan, Pin Chen, Mamadou I Wade, Tepper L Gill," Optimal pupil basis set for telescope-coronagraph design and perturbation analysis based on the method of moments," Journal of the Optical Society of America A; Vol. 39, Issue 12, pp. 2422-2436; (2022); DOI: 10.1364/JOSAA.472995, https://opg.optica.org/josaa/abstract.cfm?URI=josaa-39-12-2422
- Su Yan, Pin Chen, Mamadou I. Wade, Tepper L. Gill, John T. Trauger, "Model Order Reduction Based Sensitivity Analysis of Coronagraph Pupil Aperture," 2022 IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation and USNC-URSI Radio Science Meeting (IEEE AP-S/URSI 2022), Denver, CO, USA, 10-15 July 2022, DOI: 10.1109/AP-S/USNC-URSI47032.2022.9886632 https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9886632
- Tepper L. Gill, Gonzalo Ares de Parga, Trey Morris, Mamadou Wade, "Dual Relativistic Quantum Mechanics I," Foundations of Physics (2022) 52:90, Springer International Journal, 10 August 2022, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10701-022-00607-4
- Su Yan, Pin. Chen, Mamadou I. Wade, Tepper. L. Gill and John. T. Trauger, "Method of Moments Based Coronagraph Pupil Design for Exoplanet Exploration," 2021 International Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society Symposium (IEEE ACES 2021), Hamilton, ON, Canada, 2021, pp. 1-4, https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9528572
- Mamadou I. Wade, Tepper Gill, "Isonumbers and RGB Image Encryption," Hadronic Journal, Algebras Groups and Geometries 35 395 – 411 (2018), Volume 35- Issue 4, September 2018-June 2020. https://hadronicpress.com/docs/AGG-35-E.pdf , https://hadronicpress.com/AGG/AGGVol/AGG35-4.php
- Madiha Gul, Mohamed Chouikha; Mamadou Wade, "Joint Crosstalk Aware Burst Error Fault Tolerance Mechanism for Reliable on-Chip Communication," IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing (Volume: 8, Issue: 4, 01 Oct.-Dec. 2020) DOI: 10.1109/TETC.2017.2787549 https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8240675
- Mamadou I. Wade, M. Chouikha, T. Gill, W. Patterson, T. M. Washington, and J. Zeng, "Distributed Image Encryption Based On a Homomorphic Cryptographic Approach," 2019 IEEE 10th Annual Ubiquitous Computing, Electronics & Mobile Communication Conference (UEMCON), New York, NY, USA, 2019, pp. 0686-0696, (IEEE UEMCON 2019) DOI: 10.1109/UEMCON47517.2019.8993025. https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8993025
- Mamadou Wade, Henry C. Ogworonjoy, Madiha Gul, Mandoye Ndoye, Mohamed Chouikha, and Wayne Patterson, "Red Green Blue Image Encryption Based on Paillier Cryptographic System," World Academy of Science, Engineering, and Technology, International Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering Vol:11, No:12, 2017, 19th International Conference on Network, Communication, and Computing, Dec 18-19, 2017, San Diego, USA, (ICNCC 2017). Obtained the best presentation award. https://publications.waset.org/abstracts/79232/red-green-blue-image-encryption-based-on-paillier-cryptographic-system
- Henry. C. Ogworonjo, J. M. M. Anderson and Mamadou Wade, "An ℓ1-regularized least-squares deblurring algorithm with an application to GPR imaging," 2017 IEEE 8th Annual Ubiquitous Computing, Electronics and Mobile Communication Conference (UEMCON), New York, NY, USA, 2017, pp. 604-608, (IEEE UEMCON 2017) doi: 10.1109/UEMCON.2017.8249033. https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8249033